Family Information and Support Sessions
At DayHab we recognise that problematic alcohol and other drug use, as well as related mental health issues can be overwhelming for families.
At DayHab we know that it is important to understand the addiction problem so that we can all become part of the solution. The more family members know about addiction the better equipped they are to become part of the solution.
Our Family Information Nights are held monthly on Thursday evenings. Attendance is a free of charge however, please contact DayHab on 1800 329 422 to register as places are limited.
Topics discussed and explained are as follows:
- Medical aspects of addiction
- Why addiction has been declared a disease
- Neurological aspects of addiction
- How it plays out in the addict
- What is addiction treatment?
- How does it work?
- How do I get help for my loved one?
- How do I support my loved one when they are in treatment?
- What do I do to support my loved one when they come home?
- How do I look after myself?
- What support is there for me “as I’m not the addict”
The DayHab Family Information Night arms you with support, information, education, inspiration and encouragement to create positive long-term sustainable change in yours and your loved ones lives.
Together, DayHab helps you regain control of your life and get your family back on there feet again!
Below is an extract from the DayHab Family Information Night.