How It Works
The DayHab Addiction Treatment Program provides all DayHab clients with an authentic opportunity to achieve sustainable recovery from addiction.
Outlined below is an overview of the process involved in our intensive treatment approach.
Stage 1: Identification of the Problem
- Clients are assessed by a Clinical Counsellor and orientated into the program.
- If required, clients may also be medically assessed by an Addiction Specialist Doctor to aid with the physical side affects of withdrawl.
- An individually tailored and realistic goal setting plan is established.
- Clients are supported through the process of understanding what addiction is (Drugs, Alcohol, Gambling, Sex, Love, Food) and the breaking of denial
- Education on the disease concept is provided along with the medical, psychological and physical aspects of addiction.
Stage 2: Self Discovery
- Personal discovery and understanding of how addiction affects the client.
- Confronting the reality of dependency.
- Impact of addiction on behaviours and personal values.
- Impact of addiction on cognitive function, distortions, and emotional responses.
- Exploring options, actions have consequences.
Stage 3: Solution Focused
- Cognitive and emotional strategies to deal with addiction are addressed.
- In depth exploration of 12 step philosophies and practice.
- Introduction to 12 step groups, fellowship and sponsorship.
- Building self-awareness and understanding.
- Development of coping skills and action plans.
Stage 4: Aftercare
- Relapse prevention and triggers.
- Dealing with ego, resentment, self-pity and fear.
- Establishment and maintainence of links with community support groups.
- Development of an ongoing Aftercare Plan with the support of the Clinical Team.